Friday, November 09, 2012

look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology

I'm due to be doing a talk at the iStrategy event in Melbourne in a couple of weeks.

While compiling my presentation I've found an old segment I've used a couple of times about how the technology always comes first, then creative people mess around with it and something different and interesting comes out the other end.

I've been pulled up by certain marketing digerati in the past for expressing the view that the tools and tech of the day are not so important, it's how we go about understanding the behaviours that the tech enables or makes easier or whatever that we should be most interested in.

I stand by that view, but should explain that the it's not simply that the tools don't matter per se, but the tools themselves are transient, they come and go. What really matters is using the available technology do do something that really matters.

That's flimsy segue into Iggy, but it's Friday..



Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology...
Ain't got time to make no apology.


blog comments powered by Disqus