Monday, July 04, 2011

what's in a name?


What's in a name? In many cases, particularly for the small biz, a memorable brand name can be one of your biggest assets.

If there's not much money around to spend on marketing then an instantly memorable, repeatable and google-able name can have a disproportionate effect to findability.

An unique ownable brand name can often allow you to own the search results.
It's also unlikely that potential customers will confuse you for someone else.
This is what I sometimes call Echo-and-the-Bunnymen syndrome.

The person in the van in front of me in this pic has taken some of this on board, I guess, but has stumbled on one key factor.
If I don't know how to pronounce the name it makes it a helluva lot harder to remember or repeat.
I don't know whether this is some esoteric Francaise-ism (pron: ee-strays) or if he/she's asking us not to stress (pron: why-stress?) about our waterproofing situation.

Either way, I'm not sure if I'll remember him/her when I need my waterproofing and coating (whatever that is...but that's another topic).

blog comments powered by Disqus