Tuesday, June 24, 2008

You talk the talk. Do you walk the walk?


As some of you may already know, I'm off to pastures new having resigned form my current job a few weeks ago. I've got another 5 weeks or so to go before I embark on a new phase of my career. More details on that a bit nearer the time, but suffice to say I'm very excited about the challenge that awaits.

One of the questions I was asked during the interview process was around this idea of 'how [am I] going to implement [my ideas] in [the new role]?'
The simple answer is 'walk the talk'.

In this business, how can we expect our clients to embrace the changes in how media is produced, distributed, consumed etc if we (in agencies) don't demonstrate this ourselves?
It's kind of what Jaffe calls 'use new marketing to prove new marketing'.

And what better way to walk the talk, than in a pair of shiny gold hand-made brogues from Church's in Piccadilly?

I'm a size 11, by the way, in case they are reading.

2 comments:

Al Pritchard said...

I took the hint about the Vox Amplug, but don't hold your breath for a pair of gold shoes.

Eaon Pritchard said...

If this one works I'm going for a Mini Cooper convertible next.