Wednesday, February 10, 2010

you've been framed


The story of when TV host Johnny Carson interviewed the Girl Scout who sold the most cookies door to door one year, is recalled by Neuromaketing blog

During the interview Johnny asked: “What’s the secret to your success?”

The girl replied, “I just went to everyone’s house and said, ‘Can I have a $30,000 donation for the Girl Scouts?”

When they said ‘No,’ I said, ‘Would you at least buy a box of Girl Scout cookies?’


Reminds me of the down-and-out fella who stopped me in the street round near Liverpool St (at banker bonus time) and said

‘Can you spare £200 for a hooker and some cocaine, guv.’

I gave him £1 for a cup of coffee.

This is what neuromarketing calls a 'framing' strategy.
By floating the £200 number, a pound seems like nothing in relation.

Smart cookie.

blog comments powered by Disqus